Sunday 6 May 2012



Life is an amazing thing.  The key is to focus on the truth.  The truth, however, is not always obvious.  We live in a world of goodness, abundance and love.  It seems at times that we are covered by a dark cloud.  That darkness is simply something that we must break through to find the truth on the other side. 

I heard a speaker this week talk about “taking on our giants.”  This was in reference to the story of David and Goliath from the Bible.  The appearance was that the shepherd boy David would be crushed by Goliath, the huge and fierce warrior.  The truth was that David was capable of finding the giant’s weakness and defeating him.

At times, Cassandra’s mental illness seems like a giant.  She is so irrational and her words are so fierce.  It appears that there is no hope.  Yet, I know that we live in a world of goodness, abundance and love.  I know that I love Cassandra, and there is nothing more powerful than love.  I know that with faith and persistence (which are really the same thing), I will break through and we will again live in peace and love.  Just over a month ago, this is exactly what happened.  I took down a giant.  Cassandra’s depression lifted as suddenly as it appeared several months earlier.

The challenge now is to move forward in healing.  I continue to listen to Cassandra with an open heart, and I am learning to talk about issues that need to be discussed in a non-threatening way.  I am learning to look at points of disagreement, not as Cassandra’s ideas, but as ideas that we need to discuss.  This becomes much less threatening for Cassandra.  Every day I learn and become a better person.

My marriage is indeed a blessing.  I look back over the last few years and I cannot believe how much I have learned, how much I have grown.  It is my constant hope and prayer that others who read my writings will embrace their marriages, look at the truth beyond appearances, and travel on an amazing road of self-discovery, full of goodness, abundance and love.

2 comments:

  1. Your blog posts are amazing, and I'm surprised that there aren't lots of comments in response to what you have written as I'm sure that many people in similar situations would be nodding their heads with understanding if not agreement. I've read your entire blog and it seems to me that you are truly walking the path of a loving and sincere Christian as well as an incredibly kind and decent human being. Thank you for sharing your inspiring thoughts with the world!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comment, Bathilda! You are very kind. I hope and pray that this blog inspires many to find the blessings in their marriages, and the power and God given greatness in themselves.

      I'm sorry that I didn't reply sooner. I am still discovering the world of blogging.

      God bless you!

      Delete