Sunday 12 February 2012

February 12, 2012

I came across a beautiful quote today:

“If you strive for justice you will attain it and put it on like a splendid robe. Birds nest with their own kind, and fidelity comes to those who live by it.” (Sirach 27: 8-9)

What that says to me is that those who are challenged in our marriages, who struggle with difficult spouses, need to be good and just, to seek to love, to pray and not seek vengeance. At the same time, we need to come together and support each other in efforts to live out our marriage vows.

This came very clear to me when I was talking to my friend Jim about the struggles in his marriage. He is so grateful that I reached out to him. He had no idea that our struggles were so similar. Just by being who I am and believing what I believe, I was able to strengthen him and help him to listen to his own conscience telling him to do the right thing. We can observe the destruction that hatred, anger and vengeance wreak on others. That is their own choice and part of their own path. We must choose to respond with love and faith, knowing that “As a man thinketh, so is he.” Anger brings forth destruction. Those of us who have faith can see the truth, despite appearances.

I asked Jim to look forward five years. Regardless of how his marriage ends up, what will his children say to him then? Will they say, “You ruined our happy home.”? Or will they say, “Thank you for being our rock through a very difficult time. Thank you for saving our family. Thank you for always being there for us. Thank you for being a person of love and integrity.”? The choice is ours.

I have continued to pray for my own wife Cassandra this week. Every day I say several times, “My dear Cassandra, I bless you with love and I release you to your highest good.” I also pray for Jim’s wife and for Cassandra’s sister, but I feel this prayer most deeply when I pray for Cassandra because I love her the most. Something is happening. I don’t know what yet, but something is happening. I was able to reach Cassandra with a grain of hope, sending her a positive affirmation at work by email. After that, we had one of the most pleasant conversations we’ve had in months. God is working, and I need to let Him work.

I also went to a counsellor this week. That was good because he was able to affirm what I am doing and what I believe. Again, a difficult spouse can make one feel all alone, like no one will listen to us, like we are all wrong. It is very important to find a person to trust who will really listen and help us to hear God speaking to us from within. What really came out in talking to this counselor is that I am on the right track. I am on excellent terms with all of my children, perhaps the best ever. They all feel free to talk to me about their ideas, and they know that I will listen. What a wonderful blessing that is.

I would also like to share a link to Centerpointe research. Though the link may make their product sound too good to be true, I can assure you that their product is everything they promise and more. This form of meditation, called “Holosync”, allows you to experience a very deep state of meditation by simply listening to a CD. Their support products and coaches are also wonderful. If you are seeking peace and understanding despite the chaos happening around you, this product will help. Here is the link:

http://www.centerpointe.com/?aid=373010

May God's grace be with you in abundance this week.  Jim Rohn says that if you want success in anything, you need to work on yourself more than you do on that area of your life.  Find God living inside of you, and you will find many blessings in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment