Sunday 2 June 2013

The Thoughts of Others


Those with personality disorders tend to blame others for their thoughts, words and actions.  This can make it very difficult to listen to them.  Knowing that what a person says tells us more about them than it does about us is very helpful.  In addition, what a person takes from what we say tells us more about them than it does about us.  It used to drive me crazy that Cassandra would distort my words.  This short interview with Miguel Ruiz, author of The Four Agreements brings this out beautifully.  After watching it, I found it much easier to talk to Cassandra and maintain a clear boundary between her thoughts and my thoughts.

I also recently watched the following video series with Bill Harris, founder of Centerpointe Research, which was very helpful in raising awareness of my own thoughts.

Finally, the really exciting news for me is that my book has been published!  It tells the story behind the blog.  The electronic version can be downloaded for under $3.00.  I hope that you enjoy it, and that it inspires you to greatness!  Here is the link: 

Have a wonderful week!
Christian



No comments:

Post a Comment